Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Nesting

You know that crazy person that some of us turn into towards the end of pregnancy?  We prepare our nest for the arrival of this new little person as if once the baby comes we will never be able to do anything again.  Or like this new little person really cares if you have scrubbed every last crumb from the back of the oven.   I am a crazy nester, I have been with each pregnancy and with each pregnancy I got even worse about it.  Arvid dreads that period of time because he is barely allowed to finish food off his plate before I'm am scrubbing the plate clean again.  Suggestions have been made that we actually move out of the house the last few weeks so I can do a crazy clean once and then come home with a new baby :)

I have recently found that having a medical child I have turned into that version of myself again.  Everything must be just so, everything has it's place, I need to have all my ducks in a row as my grandpa used to say.  I need to remind myself daily, ok sometimes hourly to CHILL!

Yes this lovely controlling side of myself is rearing its ugly head once again.  I'm controlling what I can in our lives right now.  I have no control over so many things, but this I can control, I can keep our house clean, our laundry done and the cabinets stocked.  Is this important, no not really but its me.  It makes me feel better.  It's my grandma coming out in me and I'm ok with that.

I have to thank my wonderful husband too, for his every attempt to clean.  You do an amazing job, but when you finish and I follow behind, please remember, it's grandma Pat in me!

As far as the medical side, I organize Phia's meds too, we have to, it's so important to keep track of what she needs when, so I organize them.  She is a rockstar with her meds, her new diet and smiling away!  I wish everyone could meet Phia.  To see her and her attitude is the most amazing thing.  You can't complain about the simple things in life when her only complaint is wanting food now and well umm, gas!

Lexi said it best, "my sister is a rockstar"

No comments:

Post a Comment